Welcome at the website of Na Styku Association, an NGO based in Gdansk, Poland, which aims at promoting diversity, human rights and social dialogue.
You can contact us if you have any questions, comments or if you would like to cooperate with us:
stowarzyszenie.nastyku (<) gmail.com
STATUTE OF THE ASSOCIATION „NA STYKU” [EXCTRACT]
The Association is called Stowarzyszenie „Na Styku” (formerly: Stowarzyszenie Edukacji Rozwojowej „Drabina” [The Association for Development Education „The Ladder”).
The Association operates under the Act of April 7, 1989 Prawo o Stowarzyszeniach (Law on Associations; Journal of Laws No. 20, item 104, 1989, as amended) and these statutes.
The Association is an apolitical, voluntary and self-governing non-profit group.
The association is set up for an unlimited time and has legal personality.
The area of operation of the Association is the territory of the Republic of Poland, and the seat of the governing authorities is the city of Gdańsk. Where the statutory objectives of the association so require, the Association may also operate outside its borders in accordance with the applicable legal order. Members of the Association may be Polish citizens residing in Poland and abroad, as well as foreigners – both residing in Poland and non-residing in Poland.
The association bases its activities on the members’ social work.
The association uses a seal with the name and address of the seat; It can use badges and other symbols according to the patterns approved by the association.
The association may be a member of non-governmental, national and international organizations with the same nature and profile of action.
OBJECTIVES AND WAYS OF ACTION
The aim of the Association is:
- development of civil society by conducting and promoting education, expanding knowledge about the transformations taking place in the modern world,
- developing and sharing knowledge about globalization, human rights, discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation or disability, protection of nature and the environment and human environment, the causes and consequences of conflicts,
- promoting citizenship based on the interdependence of people within society and an awareness of responsibility for the common good, so that participants in social life can become its co-authors,
- promotion of activating teaching methods based on democratic principles, developing learning skills, information gathering, planning their own work, creative problem solving, interpersonal communication and teamwork,
- carrying out preventive measures aimed at children and youth at risk,
- supporting the development of cultural awareness,
- combating social inequalities, promoting equality,
- anti-discrimination activities,
- promoting tolerance, inclusion and social dialogue, initiating intercultural dialogue, promoting communication between cultures,
- promoting and initiating social change,
- sharing local knowledge and cultural heritage as a part of intercultural dialogue,
- promoting sustainable development,
- promoting active participation in local and international communities,
- nurturing social ties.
The Association shall meet the objectives set out in Article 9 in particular by:
- broadly defined educational activity: creating and implementing educational programs covering topics described in the statutory aims, establishing and developing educational institutions,
- organizing training, workshops, seminars, conferences, events, prevention and cultural programs, information campaigns and social campaigns devoted to the issues described in the statutory aims of the Association,
- creation and implementation of intercultural exchange programs,
- editing, publishing and disseminating materials for the purposes described in the Association’s statutory aims,
- conducting research and scientific activities,
- artistic and cultural activities,
- cooperation with other national, foreign and international organizations and institutions.